As we bid farewell to 2019, we would like to thank our clients, friends and colleagues for their support in what has truly been an amazing year. Here are some of the highlights from 2019:
- IWIRC Woman of the Year in Restructuring Award (Asia) 2019 – Our Managing Director Jacqueline Walsh was awarded the IWIRC Woman of the Year in Restructuring Award (Asia) in August 2019. This is the second year that IWIRC has presented this award, which recognises women in the restructuring and insolvency industry who have inspired and skillfully led a restructuring team, showed exceptional leadership, and have made extraordinary contributions to the profession.
- Opening of Borrelli Walsh’s 10th office in New Delhi, India – The India market has evolved since the enactment of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 and there is substantial demand for early resolutions to preserve value. By establishing a presence in India, we hope to better support our Asia-based clients and their investments in this region.
- Who’s Who Legal’s leading restructuring & insolvency non-legal advisors – Managing Director, Cosimo Borrelli and Directors, Annabelle Cai and Mark O’Reilly (Singapore), were identified by Who’s Who Legal (“WWL”) in its inaugural list of the world’s leading restructuring & insolvency non-legal advisors. Cosimo was quoted to be “an absolute must for this list”, and that “[h]is knowledge on worldwide insolvency matters is second to none”.
- Global Restructuring Review’s (“GRR”) Names to Know – As part of GRR’s special global Worked-Out series, key recommended professionals were also identified in the segment “Names to Know”:
- TMA International Chapter Impact Award 2019 – Managing Director Jason Kardachi was awarded the TMA International Chapter Impact Award in September 2019. This was the first year that the Turnaround Management Association (“TMA”) awarded individuals in the TMA community under this category, and Jason is the first practitioner outside of the United States to have received an Individual award since the launch of the TMA Awards in 1993.