Cos is a leading restructuring and insolvency practitioner in Asia. Cos has worked exclusively in this area since 1990 – being appointed by lenders and financiers, shareholders, distressed companies, secured and unsecured creditors, investors, courts and other stakeholders. Cos’ primary focus is large operational and financial restructuring in distressed environments and complex, and often contentious, insolvencies.
Cos has a proven track record in establishing and delivering restructuring, insolvency and related corporate advisory arrangements in industries including commodities, manufacturing, real estate, tele-communications, retail and professional services.
Cos’ assignments often have a cross border focus including work in Hong Kong, PRC, Singapore, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Europe, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and the Bahamas and involving the restructuring of private and large publicly listed groups, the investigation and valuation of loan and non-performing loan portfolios for banks and non-bank institutions, the location, retrieval and sale of assets throughout the world, the improper enforcement of security, audit and director negligence and fraud.
Cos’ investigation and forensic background plays a key role in the analysis and execution of restructuring and associated assignments and his wealth of commercial experience means he is well suited to establishing and implementing solutions to complex problems and disputes
Cos is also well regarded for his work as an independent director to listed companies internationally, especially those undergoing or targeting turnarounds, mergers and acquisitions, divestments and special situations. Cos is currently an Independent Director of two listed companies in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Professional Affiliations & Academic Qualifications
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ specialist designation in insolvency, SD (Insolvency)
- Approved Liquidator, Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Institute of Directors
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Associate Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore(IPAS)
- Registered Appointment Taker with the Official Receiver’s Office in Hong Kong
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Adelaide, Australia