David Oentoro is a Senior Manager based in our Jakarta office. His experience covers restructuring, fundraising, valuation, due diligence, financial modelling, private equity, NPL portfolio management and corporate finance.
David has been involved in various assignments across a broad spectrum of situations, including regional and global financial restructurings, designing and implementing performance improvement programs for companies, performing comprehensive due diligence and advisory with respect to business acquisitions and conducting corporate recovery to maximise value for stakeholders.
His assignments relate to a wide range of industries including financial, manufacturing, retail, mining, oil and gas, agriculture, hospitality and real estate. Some of his recent experience includes:
- Management of USD600 million Non-Performing Loan (NPL) investment portfolio, including formulation of investment realisation strategy and evaluation of strategic exit scenarios.
- Due Diligence and advisory in relation to the acquisition of a real estate property company in Indonesia by China state-owned enterprise.
- Financial advisor to a consumer electronics retail company in the restructuring of its debt, totalling USD500 million.
- Debt restructuring of Indonesian oil & gas drilling company with total debt of USD420 million.
- IPO business valuation of an integrated property company with main businesses in hospitality, theme park and real estate industries.
- Financial Advisor to a company engaged in aquaculture business to streamline capital expenditure and operational expense budget.
Before joining Borrelli Walsh, David was an Investment Manager for a fund focusing on distressed assets and Non-Performing Loan NPL portfolio investment and management. Prior to this, David was Vice President at a boutique corporate finance advisory firm, consultant on the Corporate Finance/ Restructuring team at a specialist restructuring firm and manager for a large corporate focused banking institution.
David has a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance from Saxion University and holds a master’s degree from London School of Economics and Political Science.
David is fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- CFA Charter Holder Candidate
- Master of Science Accounting & Finance, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Bachelor of Science Accounting & Finance, Saxion University
- Bachelor’s degree Business Accounting, Petra Christian University