Jacqueline is a qualified lawyer in Hong Kong and the United States with over 26 years of experience in complex insolvency assignments, probate and matrimonial disputes, court appointments (provisional liquidator, liquidator, bankruptcy trustee, administrator), formal and informal corporate restructuring, private receiverships, financial investigations and directorship appointments. In the US, Jacqueline represented Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy trustees, creditors committees and corporate debtors.
During her 20 years in Asia, Jacqueline’s restructuring and insolvency experience has spanned a range of industries, including retail, forestry, e-automobiles, property investment and development, aircraft, cold storage warehousing, trade and manufacturing. This experience includes restructuring of listed companies in Hong Kong by way of court appointment or as a director of the company, operational restructuring of private corporates, appointed as a receiver of shares to secure and realise assets, investigatory assignments including the pursuit of legal claims, establishing and implementing schemes of arrangement. Many of these assignments have a cross-border focus including work in Hong Kong, PRC, Singapore, US, British Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Russia, Cyprus and Nigeria.
In 2019, she was awarded the IWIRC Woman of the Year in Restructuring (Asia) Award for her outstanding contributions to the profession in the region.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Registered Appointment Taker with the Official Receiver’s Office in Hong Kong
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Hong Kong Law Society
- Co-Founder and Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation – Hong Kong Network
- Member, INSOL International
- Admitted to the High Court of Hong Kong SAR
- Admitted to the Massachusetts and Federal Bar, USA
- Juris Doctor, New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, USA
- SFC Type 4 and Type 9 Qualified