Jason Kardachi is a Managing Director based in the Singapore office and leads the firm’s restructuring, insolvency and forensic work in Singapore and South East Asia.
Jason has led and managed complex debt restructurings and turnarounds, liquidations and receiverships and provided practical and commercial solutions to key stakeholders.
Jason is the founding member of the TMA Southeast Asia (“SEA”) chapter and is the first President of the regional TMA chapter. He was recently awarded the TMA International Chapter Impact Award 2019, and is the first practitioner outside of the United States to have received an Individual award since the launch of the TMA Awards in 1993.
Before joining Borrelli Walsh, Jason was a Managing Partner of Teak Capital Partners, an advisory and investment firm focused on special situation and distressed investments across Asia Pacific.
Jason has 25 years of corporate advisory and restructuring experience in Asia Pacific, the last 19 of which have been in Hong Kong and Singapore, initially at PricewaterhouseCoopers and then as Head of Special Situations Asia at HSBC.
Jason is a Chartered Accountant and has a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Adelaide.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Approved Liquidator, Singapore
- Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Singapore Institute of Directors
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia
- Member of INSOL International
- Associate Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore (IPAS)
- Past President and current board member of the Turnaround Management Association, Singapore and Southeast Asia Chapter
- Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Economics, University of Adelaide