Joey Sung is a Director in the Hong Kong office. Joey has over 12 years of experience in corporate and individual insolvencies, corporate advisory, restructuring, forensic accounting and investigations, financial review and litigation support engagements.
Joey has extensive experience in cross-border asset recovery from PRC and Taiwan, many involving legal proceedings in PRC and Taiwan Courts, for compulsory and voluntary winding-ups. Her assignments relate to different industries including diamond trading, military school, securities and brokerage companies, garment and textile, hotel, food and beverage, property development and manufacturing.
In recent years, Joey has been focusing on corporate advisory assignments where she worked closely with the board of listed and large private companies on financial planning, internal control, and cash and working capital management projects.
Joey’s signature case involves providing forensic accounting and litigation support to a conglomerate listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange to investigate the real cause of the loss of USD290 million and assisted in preparing an expert witness report for the Hong Kong High Court.
Recent engagements include provision of advisory service to the board of a listed company for cash and working capital management, and intern control assessment, and conducting a business process and control review of a well-known restaurant group in Asia as a part of due diligence exercise.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Registered Appointment Taker with the Official Receiver’s Office in Hong Kong
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Specialist Designation in Insolvency, SD (Insolvency)
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Specialist Qualification in Insolvency, SQ (Insolvency)
- Certified Public Accountant, the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Chartered Accountant, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Master in Business Administration, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, High Honour
- Bachelor of Science, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA