Joey Sung is a Senior Manager in the Hong Kong office. Joey has over 10 years of experience in corporate and individual insolvencies, forensic accounting and investigations, restructuring, financial review and litigation support engagements.
Joey has extensive experience in cross-border asset recovery from PRC and Taiwan, many involving legal proceedings in PRC and Taiwan Courts, for compulsory and voluntary winding-ups. Her assignments relate to different industries including diamond trading, military school, securities and brokerage companies, garment and textile, hotel, property development and manufacturing.
Joey’s signature case involves providing forensic accounting and litigation support to a conglomerate listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange to investigate the real cause of the loss of US$290 million and assisted in preparing an expert witness report for the Hong Kong High Court.
Recent engagements include obtaining an injunction order to freeze assets of a bankrupt high net worth individual, collating evidence and formulating a litigation strategy to claim against an international bank in a Cayman liquidation; and conducting a business process and control review of a well-known restaurant group in Asia as a part of due diligence exercise.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Specialist Designation in Insolvency, SD (Insolvency)
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Specialist Qualification in Insolvency, SQ (Insolvency)
- Certified Public Accountant, the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Chartered Accountant, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Master in Business Administration, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, High Honour
- Bachelor of Science, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA