Jonathan joined Borrelli Walsh in 2011. His experience covers compulsory liquidations, receiverships, financial and operational restructurings, voluntary liquidations, individual bankruptcies, preparation of Form E, Duxbury calculations and expert reports in divorce proceedings, valuation and investigation of matrimonial assets and judicial management in Singapore.
Jonathan’s assignments relate to various industries including media, property investment and development, coal mining, food and beverage, lifestyle fashion apparel, dairy, traditional and digital animation, software retailing, hotels and manufacturing in Hong Kong, PRC, Singapore, Indonesia, India and Cayman Islands.
Jonathan’s recent work includes managing and stabilising a financially distressed integrated coal mining company, listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, and a private equity-owned, Beijing-based luxury restaurant operator with around 60 restaurants in 16 PRC cities.
Jonathan is a Certified Public Accountant of CPA Australia and the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“HKICPA”). He is a Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the HKICPA and was awarded the Specialist Qualification in Insolvency (SQ, Insolvency) by the HKICPA in 2016.
He speaks Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Specialist Qualification in Insolvency, SQ (Insolvency)
- Certified Public Accountant of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant of CPA Australia
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Master of Financial Analysis, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance, University of New South Wales, Australia