Luke is a qualified insolvency practitioner, chartered accountant and manager in the Cayman Islands office who has over 10 years of restructuring and insolvency experience, predominantly in the Cayman Islands and UK.
He has extensive experience of conducting a variety of distressed advisory and insolvency procedures, including complex restructurings, solvent and insolvent liquidations, administrations and receiverships for businesses of different sizes across a number of industries and service sectors, including financial services, retail and manufacturing.
His work often involves assessing and establishing restructuring plans and financial modeling, detailed investigations, resolution of stakeholder issues, location and recovery of assets, assets and business valuation and working closely with creditors to establish strategy to maximise their return.
Luke also has valuable experience of winding up distressed funds, forensic and investigative reviews as well as business reviews, foreign representative appointments, operating businesses with a view to sale and voluntary liquidations with non-contentious complexities.
Prior to joining Borrelli Walsh Luke, amongst his other roles, gained extensive experience as a manager at a Big 4 firm, where he led a number of high profile engagements for national and international clients.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Member of Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) – Cayman Islands
- Member of the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Joint Insolvency Examination Board (JIEB) – Qualified UK Insolvency Practitioner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) – Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) from the University of Warwick, UK