Luke is an appointment taking insolvency practitioner, director and chartered accountant, having operated in the Cayman Islands and UK restructuring, insolvency and advisory industry for over 12 years.
He has extensive experience of conducting a variety of distressed advisory and insolvency procedures, including complex restructurings, solvent and insolvent liquidations, administrations and receiverships for businesses of different sizes across multiple industries and service sectors, including financial services, retail and manufacturing.
His work often involves assessing and establishing restructuring plans, investigations, resolution of stakeholder issues, location and recovery of assets, assets and business valuation and working closely with creditors to establish strategy to maximise their return.
Luke also has valuable experience of winding up distressed funds, forensic and investigative reviews as well as business reviews, asset and share sales, foreign representative appointments, operating businesses with a view to sale, due diligence appointments and voluntary liquidations with non-contentious complexities.
In his career to date Luke has personally taken over 50 Official Liquidator, Voluntary Liquidator and Directorship appointments across the British Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Chile and United States.
Prior to joining Borrelli Walsh Luke gained extensive experience as a senior manager at the UK’s market leading boutique firm and at a Big 4 firm, during which he managed numerous high-profile engagements for national and international clients.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Recognised as an appointment taking Official Liquidator by the Cayman Islands and United States Courts
- Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) Registered Director
- Member of Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) – Cayman Islands
- Member of the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Member of the Cayman Islands Insolvency Practitioners’ Advisory Board – acts as a consultative body for legislative changes
- Joint Insolvency Examination Board (JIEB) – Qualified UK Insolvency Practitioner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) – Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) from the University of Warwick, UK