Mark O’Reilly is a Director based in the Singapore office with over 15 years of experience specialising in corporate insolvency and restructuring in Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, India, PRC and various offshore jurisdictions.
Mark has led numerous corporate insolvency assignments in Singapore, Australia and across Asia, including but not limited to Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidations, Compulsory Liquidations, Receiverships and Schemes of Arrangement.
Mark has also led various restructuring engagements with a focus on business reviews, debt restructuring/refinancing negotiations, asset divestments and operational stabilisation across a broad range of industries including shipping, offshore, property, mining/mining services, financial services and food processing. Mark has undertaken these assignments acting for both debtors and creditors.
Mark has been identified as a leading advisor in Who’s Who Legal: Restructuring & Insolvency Advisors (non-legal) since 2019 – he “earns recommendations from across the Asia-Pacific region for his capabilities in the area”. He is also cited by his peers in the restructuring space in 2018 Who’s Who Legal list of “Names to Know in Singapore”.
Prior to joining Borrelli Walsh, Mark worked for one of Australia’s leading insolvency and restructuring firms, leading many of the region’s largest and most complex corporate insolvency assignments.
Mark is a Chartered Accountant and has a Bachelor of Accounting and a Bachelor of Law. Mark is also an Approved Liquidator in Singapore.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Approved Liquidator, Singapore
- Associate Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Member of INSOL International
- Associate Member of Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore Limited (IPAS)
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association, Singapore and South East Asia Chapter
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia
- NextGen Committee Member, Turnaround Management Association, Singapore and South East Asia Chapter
- Bachelor of Business, University of Technology, Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Technology, Sydney