Matthew is a Chartered Accountant with over 6 years of accounting and advisory experience based in our Hong Kong office. Since joining Borrelli Walsh, he has undertaken assignments in the jurisdictions of Hong Kong, Singapore and the Cayman Islands.
His experience covers a variety of engagements including compulsory liquidations, voluntary liquidations, receiverships and other advisory appointments with complex cross-border application. His recent experience includes the liquidation of a large private equity fund with over US$1 billion in reported assets / investment claims.
Prior to moving to Hong Kong, Matthew gained his experience in Australia and the United Kingdom in commercial accounting and auditing roles. He has experience across a broad range of industries, including retail, education, advertising, electronic components and investment funds.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management (Sports Management), University of Queensland
- Member of Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) in the Cayman Islands
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants