Matthew is a Chartered Accountant with over 8 years of accounting and advisory experience and based in our Cayman office. Prior to moving the Cayman Islands, Matthew spent 2 years in our Hong Kong office. Since joining Borrelli Walsh, he has undertaken assignments in the jurisdictions of Hong Kong, Singapore, U.S. and the Cayman Islands.
His experience covers a variety of engagements including compulsory liquidations, voluntary liquidations, receiverships and other advisory appointments with complex cross-border application. His recent experience includes the liquidation of a large private equity fund with over US$1 billion in reported assets / investment claims.
Prior to joining Borrelli Walsh, Matthew gained his experience in Australia and the United Kingdom in commercial accounting and auditing roles. He has experience across a broad range of industries, including retail, education, advertising, electronic components and investment funds.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management (Sports Management), University of Queensland
- Member of Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) in the Cayman Islands
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants