Michael has extensive years of restructuring and insolvency experience. He is highly skilled in asset tracing, preservation and recovery and resolving disputes in Hong Kong, PRC and overseas, stabilising financially distressed companies, financial and operational restructuring and assessing and managing NPL portfolios.
His work often involves assessing and establishing restructuring plan and financial modelling, detailed investigations, location and recovery of assets, assets and business valuation, securing and enforcing collateral internationally and working closely with creditors to establish strategy to maximise their return.
Michael’s experience covers various industries including construction and engineering service, property investment and development, healthcare and hospitals, investment funds, waste treatment plant, golf course and clubhouse, food and beverage and hotels. His work often has a cross border focus including work in Hong Kong, PRC, Macau, Singapore, Mongolia and the United States.
Michael is a legal practitioner admitted in Australia and a Certified Public Accountant.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Awarded the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants specialist designation in insolvency, SD (Insolvency)
- Registered Appointment Taker with the Official Receiver’s Office in Hong Kong
- Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants Insolvency Interest Group
- Member of Certified Public Accountants, Australia
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Bachelor of Law, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne, Australia