Michael E. Foreman is Managing Director and head of our New York office. He is a senior corporate restructuring professional and independent director, who combines major law firm partnership experience (including over 20 years with Proskauer Rose LLP) with C-Suite business acumen.
Michael’s experience includes acting as a trusted advisor to clients facing significant challenge and transformation – financial distress, business crisis, financing workouts and replacement, senior management and corporate governance transition and litigation. Michael provides multidisciplinary solutions that draw on his combined experience in corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, governance, and dispute resolution.
From December 2016 to March 2018, Michael was General Counsel and Chief Restructuring Officer of UTAC Holdings Ltd. (including its subsidiary Global A&T Electronics Ltd.) in its successful restructuring of $1.13 billion of US dollar debt, including the settlement of complex New York state court litigation commenced by two groups of bondholders against the company and its private equity sponsors, through a pre-packaged Chapter 11 process.
Michael regularly advises officers, directors (including boards and special committees), lenders at all levels of a company’s capital structure, other creditors, investors and equity holders, on complex restructurings, financings, acquisitions, divestitures, management transition, internal investigations involving governance, breach of duty, accounting and suspected fraud or malfeasance. He guides companies and their boards in fulfilling their fiduciary and corporate duties, responsibilities and obligations, helping companies to optimize operations and maximize value for all stakeholders.
Michael regularly lectures and writes on international and US restructuring issues.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualification
- Member of INSOL
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
- Member of the American Bankruptcy institute
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Westchester County Bar Association
- Member of the New York City Bar
- Admitted to the Second Appellate Division of the State of the New York, as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- B.S. from Cornell University’s New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- J.D. degree Hofstra University’s Maurice A. Deane School of Law