Patrick is a Managing Director based in the Singapore office and leads the firm’s corporate advisory services globally. He is a Chartered Accountant with experience in due diligence, formal and informal corporate restructuring, insolvency, mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital fundraising and company valuations. He has acted on behalf of public and private companies, lenders and financiers, secured and unsecured creditors on assignments across the financial services, retail, food and beverage, technology, pharmaceutical, property, mining, resources, construction and manufacturing industries.
Patrick’s corporate advisory and restructuring experience includes the following:
- Chief Restructuring Officer of a Singapore listed international oil and gas company;
- USD2 billion restructuring of Borr Drilling Limited;
- USD2.24 billion restructuring of Hyflux Limited;
- USD825 million restructuring of an offshore oil and gas services company;
- USD525 million restructuring of Trikomsel;
- USD423 million restructuring of OM Holdings;
- appointed receiver over an animation and visual effects production company in Ireland with over EUR75 million of intellectual property rights;
- appointed receiver over a Singaporean renewable energy contracting company with operations in Asia and the Middle East in respect of a USD87m facility;
- appointed liquidator in the members’ voluntary liquidation of the Irish subsidiary of America-based technology company;
- strategic advisor to a Singapore based iron ore trading business on the options available to address USD437 million of outstanding working capital facilities;
- pre-finance commercial and financial due diligence for a USD275 million facility to an Indonesian coal mining and logistics group; and
- pre-finance commercial and financial due diligence for a syndicate of special situation funds in relation to a USD224 million facility for an Indonesian infrastructure group.
Patrick’s assignments are often of cross-border in nature both in the Southeast Asian region (Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore) and globally including in the United Kingdom, Ireland, India, the US, Denmark and Australia.
Prior to joining Borrelli Walsh, Patrick spent seven years in Davy Corporate Finance and in KPMG in Dublin, Ireland.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Singapore
- Insolvency Practitioner, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Institute Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Master of Accounting, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Bachelor of Commerce, University College Dublin, Ireland