Samantha joined Borrelli Walsh as a Manager in 2016, prior to which she gained 12 years experience working in the restructuring and insolvency teams of UK based international accounting firms, and more recently with a boutique fraud investigation and asset recovery firm in the Cayman Islands.
Samantha has extensive experience conducting a variety of insolvency procedures, including solvent and insolvent liquidations, administrations, receiverships, company voluntary arrangements and schemes of arrangement, for businesses of different sizes and complexity, and across diverse industries and service sectors.
Samantha’s work has involved her in various asset recovery investigations and strategies, often cross border, litigation management, resolution of competing stakeholder claims, crisis cash flow management, trading operating businesses with a view to sale, and marketing and negotiating sale of distressed businesses.
Samantha also has experience preparing independent business reviews for lenders and other stakeholders, advisory and expert reports, and more recently valuation reports.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK (ACCA)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (CPI) from the UK Insolvency Practitioners Association (IPA)
- Bachelor of Law and Languages (French and German) (LLB(Hons))
- Member of Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) in the Cayman Islands
- Member of INSOL International