Stephanie is an Assistant Manager based in our Cayman Island office who has worked in the Offshore Restructuring and Insolvency industry for over 8 years. Her more recent experience predominantly includes the day to day running of Cayman-registered voluntary and court-appointed liquidations, corporate recovery engagements and forensic investigations in respect of fraud and money laundering.
Stephanie also has experience of liquidating entities across the Asian market, including HK and PRC, and has acted as an appointment holder in respect of a number of Singapore based solvent voluntary liquidations.
Prior to joining Borrelli Walsh, Stephanie was working with a boutique fraud and asset recovery firm in the Cayman Islands and in addition to her corporate insolvency roles she undertook compliance and anti-money laundering investigations on behalf of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority for Class A and Class B banks. She was also the MLRO for a Bahamas firm and head of compliance for offices located in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, The Bahamas and Guernsey.
Professional Affiliations and Academic Qualifications
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, London, England
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada
- Advance International Certificate in Compliance & Financial Crime, International Compliance Association UK
- Member of International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Member of the Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) in the Cayman Islands
- Member of INSOL International